- The Mutual Aid Fund provides assistance to injured players, referees, coaches, managers, trainers and minor officials. The assistance provided is for expenses not provided by a Medical or Dental Plan of the player or his parents.
- All players, referees, coaches, managers and trainers must be registered with BC Hockey.
- Registration takes place at the same time as the player’s Minor Hockey registration and the registration fee is inclusive.
- There are no longer mutual aid numbers assigned to individuals. The injured person must be on an official team roster to be covered.
- Descriptions of injuries and services covered, as well as the injury report form, are downloadable from www.bchockey.net .
- It is the responsibility of the parent to ensure that the completed injury form is sent to BC Hockey within the required time frame. Team managers must also keep a copy of the completed form. It is suggested that forms are faxed and a fax receipt is kept as proof of submission or scanned and emailed. This will help if the date of submission is a question and/or the claim is misfiled or misplaced.